Thursday, September 25, 2008

Enjoying the presentations about Web 2.0

I thought I knew a lot about the apps available on the web, but I am learning a lot about the stuff we have been going over on our class presentations; wikis, blogs, and many collaborative (and networking) sites – it has been interesting to see presentations that go into more detail than the general information that I had before. The best thing of all is the fact that we are getting practical experience by creating our own blogs, wikis, etc…

I admit that I want to develop further the content that I have been putting on my sites; so hopefully, I will be adding content that is a bit more interesting and relevant in my future posts.

In our next class I will be presenting, with Hung, an exposé on GeoWeb - a used to described the tecnology used by sites like Google Maps (others like Yahoo) to display interactive maps over web Browsers (and/or desktop applications). Please give me your feedback here, and pointers of any news about GeoWeb that I may have missed on my presentation.

Thanks

Henrique Cordeiro

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah, there is a lot of stuff out there. And increasingly more of it is free to use and remix. It makes a person feel great to have so many tools at one's disposal. My favorite tool is Stumble Upon (find this at stumbleupon.com). You are able to view random sites all over the internet that are similar to your interests, vote on them, tag them, comment on them, etc. It is great fun, and a very user friendly way to surf the Web and learn more about your world.

Come and See Africa said...

I hope you are keeping up with the readings